Don’t wear dance shoes outside and put names in dance shoes. If you have gently used shoes that your dancer has outgrown, please donate them back to our dance exchange bin (proceeds go to scholarship fund.)
Ballet/Pre-Ballet AND CREATIVE DANCE
- Pre-Ballet Boys/Ballet Boys: Black or white tights, dance belt, black or white soft ballet slippers OR (for young boys or beginners) shorts with elastic waist, T-shirt, socks, ballet slippers.
- Pre-Ballet 3, 4, and K and creative dance girls:leotard (any color or style), pink tights, pink soft ballet slippers, hair pulled back.
- Pre-Ballet 1st girls: pink leotard (any style), pink skirt (any style), pink soft ballet slippers, hair in bun.
- Beginner 1 Ballet girls: lavender leotard (any style), pink soft ballet slippers, hair in bun.
- Beginner 2/3 & Beginner 4th-7th Ballet girls: royal leotard (any style), pink soft split-sole ballet slippers, hair in bun.
- Beginner 4 Ballet girls: burgundy leotard (any style), pink soft split-sole ballet slippers, hair in bun.
- Intermediate 1 Ballet girls: navy leotard (any style), pink soft split-sole ballet slippers, hair in bun – skirt optional for pointe.
- Intermediate 2/3 Ballet girls: black leotard (any style), pink soft split-sole ballet slippers, hair in bun – skirt optional for pointe.
- Advanced Ballet and Teen/Adult Ballet ladies: leotard (any color or style), tights, soft split-sole ballet slippers, hair in bun.
Hair pulled back. Any color or style of leotard, tights, bike-a-tard, unitard, bike shorts, leggings, jazz pants; must be flexible and show body lines. NO jeans, jeans shorts, school clothes, sweat pants. No big t-shirt cover-ups. Jazz shoes, black, inexpensive ones OK for beginner kids; 2nd year and up and teens/adults should have split-soled, better oxfords.
Clothing you can dance in, black dance sneakers for all classes except Teen/Adult Hip-Hop which requires shoes that have been cleaned off and are only worn in the dance studio.
Just like Jazz except black Tap shoes. Inexpensive patent leather OK for Tap K/1st Graders. NO Velcro closures. 2nd grade and up and teens/adults should have better-brand (Bloch, Capezio, Fuzi, etc.) oxford-style shoes. Techno-taps are good.
Dancewear and bare feet (socks ok for contemporary – do not use fabric softener when washing clothing.)
Musically Me, PARENT/CHILD, Stretch & Strengthen, MUSIC & MOVEMENT FOR SPECIAL NEEDS, and Downs’ at Dance
Barefeet or dance shoes, clothing that you can move in.
WHERE TO PURCHASE DANCE ATTIRE:
Fuzi Dance Etc.: 4704 Pacific Ave. S.E.#A, Lacey (786-0226)
Stage Right Dancewear:3660 Pacific Ave SE, Olympia, (438-9546)
Dance Collection:1500 S. 336th, Federal Way (1-800-828-4030) OR 4854 South Adams Street, Tacoma (253) 471-4225
ApplauseDancewear:6715 Martin Way E., Olympia, (456-6111)
Discount Dance Supply: www.discountdance.com – enter studio code TP28785
You can try Payless for shoes sometimes; various department stores for leotards. (Please don’t buy “toy” ballet shoes with stretch nylon uppers.)